Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall Decor-Part 2

This year I did something totally different in my entry way then I normally do and am pretty pleased with the outcome! I put some fall foliage in my very versatile apothecary jars and a few pumpkins on a leaf platter! I had that wood carved wall hanging in a closet and thought it would fill in the space below the painting nicely! However, something was not right:( The painting reminded me to much of Spring, but I needed something on that wall. Soooo...

I was at Target and found this wreath on clearance and brought it home! I wanted to use the frame to make the wreath pop, but could not get the painting out:( So I found some construction paper that matched our wall color and taped it over the painting and Ta-Da! Problem solved! Unless you look very, very closely you cannot tell that there is a painting in the frame and I think that the wreath completes the look!

Here is a close up of what I used to fill up my jars...leaves, acorns, pine cones, and a few small faux pumpkins!

3 comments:

Shelly said...

I like!!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

great ideas...love the white pumpkins

Unknown said...

hey! my sis-in-law commented! great idea on the painting! how'd you come up with that?!